Sunday, December 5, 2010

Digital Fail!

Click for full view

Very frustrating. I decided to dust off my wacom tablet and do some sketching in photoshop. I got these ill photoshop brushes from this guy and went to town sketching straight into photoshop. Lot's of fun until I went to save and photoshop crashed. After muttering a series of explicatives, I decided that maybe I was using up too much ram and decided to reboot my computer and draw my sketch again. Not only did I redraw my sketch, but I also made it look better than the first one. I figured there was no reason for photoshop to crash a second time, but as a precaution I took a screen cap of my finished drawing. I hit save. Photoshop crashed again.

So the drawing you see up top is the screen capture of the second sketch. I remember thinking, "why don't I just draw straight into the computer anymore?", and now I remember why:

Paper doesn't crash.

4 comments:

AIM said...

I know this is digital but this had me fooled!

What size you working at? That might be causing the crashes.

buddahfist said...

Yeah, those PS brushes are pretty amazing...

I was working at 6x9, 150 dpi. Maybe my computer is just getting too old for this kind of stuff.

AIM said...

6x9 is pretty big for sketching but your dpi is exactly what I use. Could be the brushes.

BerolEagles brshes run quite smoothly in PS :

http://beroleagle.deviantart.com/art/Photoshop-CS-5-pencil-brushes-180846198?q=sort%3Atime+gallery%3Aberoleagle&qo=0

If that fails you should try Paint Tool Sai, best sketch program on the net.

buddahfist said...

thanks man, I'll try those brushes out and see how it works.